The ADP STEM Scholarship Program at Paine College
has expanded to include Business Majors!
Paine College is pleased to continue offering the Automatic Data Processing (ADP)
Scholarship for students majoring in STEM areas (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) – including Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology Education or Mathematics Education.
The Scholarship is now open to Paine Students Majoring in Business disciplines as
well, including Accounting, International Business, Management, Marketing or Management
Information Systems (MIS).
These scholarships are designed to help students complete their degree at Paine
College and move on to graduate programs or begin their careers as science or business
professionals, as well as highly-qualified mathematics and science teachers, in the Augusta area. Scholarships are made available through the generous contributions of Automatic Data
Processing (ADP, Inc.) of Augusta.
Ten to fifteen senior ADP scholars will be awarded up to $2,600
to support their education. Seven to ten junior ADP scholars will be awarded up
to $1,600 to support their education. However, this is a competitive
program and scholarships will be awarded based upon a candidate’s academic record,
academic standing at Paine College, and quality of their application package.
Who May Apply
Paine students majoring in any of the following disciplines may apply to the ADP
- Paine students majoring in a STEM discipline (Biology, Chemistry or Mathematics)
- Paine students majoring in a Business field (Business Administration, Accounting,
Marketing, Management, International Business or Management Information Systems
- Paine College Secondary Education Teacher Candidates majoring in Biology Education
or Mathematics Education
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Currently attend Paine College
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Have rising Junior or Senior class status
- Commit to a position as a RA (research assistant) or TA (teaching assistant) in the Department of Mathematics, Sciences & Technology, the Department of Education
or the Department of Business Administration.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I apply for the ADP Scholarship? Click the link
below that says 'Complete the ADP Scholarship Application'.
- Can I re-apply for the ADP Scholarship? Yes
- Can I receive the ADP Scholarship my Freshman or Sophomore year?
No. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.