Class of 2015 Protocol/ Important Reminders
Commencement Practice, Thursday, May 7, 2015
- Practice is from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the HEAL Mandatory. Arrive 15 minutes PRIOR TO practice time.
Baccalaureate Practice, Friday, May 8, 2015
- Practice is from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Gilbert Lambuth Memorial Chapel.
- Arrive 15 minutes PRIOR TO practice time.
Baccalaureate Service, Saturday, May 9, 2015
- Arrive no later than 1:00 p.m. in the Gilbert Lambuth Memorial Chapel.
- Please note that class photos will be taken PRIOR TO the service.
- Attire for Baccalaureate: Cap (with tassel) and gown ONLY.
- Honor students should wear the honor cords.
- DO NOT wear Organizational or Paine College stoles.
Commencement Convocation, Sunday, May 10, 2015
- Line up at 8:00 a.m.; enter the HEAL Complex via the McNally Street entrance (i.e., corner of Druid Park Ave and McNally. Signs will be available). Use the entrance closest to the parking lot next to Druid Park Ave. Assemble in the corridor adjacent to the entrance. (Parking is available across the street on the campus of Paine College at the Security Gate entrance). Graduates that arrive after 8:30 a.m. WILL NOT be allowed to participate.
- Full academic regalia; i.e. cap, gown (with tassel), honor cords, academic honor stoles; Paine College stole
- Organizational or Paine College stoles and other paraphernalia will not be allowed and will be confiscated.Graduates not in proper attire WILL NOT be allowed to participate.
- When you receive your degree, remember to place your left hand over your right hand. Receive the degree with your left hand and shake with your right hand.
- Be on time for all events.
General Attire for Baccalaureate and Commencement
- Females should wear black or dark blue clothing under the gown with dark (Black or Navy) shoes.
- Males should wear a white shirt with dark tie and black or dark blue pants/trousers with dark (Black or Navy) shoes.
- Shoes should be closed toe and comfortable as you will have to climb both stairs and risers.
- Flesh-colored hose.
- Keep jewelry to a minimum.
- No large earrings; “tasteful” studs may be worn.
Miscellaneous Information for Baccalaureate and Commencement
- Be on time for all events.
- Males should remove caps for the Invocation, Scripture, Paine Hymn, and Benediction (during Baccalaureate and Commencement). If in doubt, watch members of the platform party. (Caps should be put on prior to standing for the “Presentation of Candidates for Degrees.”)
- No chewing gum.
- No cell phone, pager, or other similar electronic device.
- No purse.
- Class pictures (for Paine College publications, etc.) will be taken on Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. Plan to arrive no later than 1:00 p.m. so that the picture session can begin on time. If you wish to be in the photos, you MUST be on time.
- Group pictures of the honor graduates will also be taken on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. This includes those students who are graduating cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude as well as the valedictorian and salutatorian. If you wish to be in the photos, you MUST be on time.
- For these pictures you will wear the cap with the tassel, gown, and honor cords, if applicable.
Cap and Gown Pick-up Dates
Academic regalia (i.e., caps and gowns) can be picked up at the Lion’s Shop as indicated below:
- Thursday and Friday, May 7-8, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m - 4:30 p.m.
- All “Senior Checklists” must be submitted in order to pick up your academic regalia.
- A picture I.D. must be presented to receive your academic attire.
Diploma Pick-up Dates
Diplomas must be collected on Sunday, May 10, 2015 immediately after the commencement ceremony. report to Gandy-Richardson Lecture Hall located on the 2nd floor of Haygood-Holsey Hall between the hours of 12:30 p.m - 2:00 p.m. After this time, graduates must collect diplomas from the Office of the Registrar during normal business hours.