Class of 2016 Protocol/ Important Reminders
Commencement Practice, Thursday, May 5, 2016
- Practice is from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the HEAL Mandatory. Arrive 15 minutes PRIOR TO practice time.
- Please contact Reverend Felder or Jackie Connie.
- Practice is at 3:00 p.m. in the Gilbert Lambuth Memorial Chapel.
- Arrive 15 minutes PRIOR TO practice time.
Baccalaureate Service, Saturday, May 7, 2016
- Arrive no later than 1:00 p.m. in the Gilbert Lambuth Memorial Chapel.
- Please note that class photos will be taken PRIOR TO the service.
- Attire for Baccalaureate: Cap (with tassel) and gown ONLY.
- Honor students should wear the honor cords.
- DO NOT wear Organizational or Paine College stoles.
Commencement Convocation, Sunday, May 8, 2016
- Line up at 8:00 a.m.; enter the HEAL Complex via the McNally Street entrance (i.e., corner of Druid Park Ave and McNally. Signs will be available). Use the entrance closest to the parking lot next to Druid Park Ave. Assemble in the corridor adjacent to the entrance. (Parking is available across the street on the campus of Paine College at the Security Gate entrance). Graduates that arrive after 8:30 a.m. WILL NOT be allowed to participate.
- Full academic regalia; i.e. cap, gown (with tassel), honor cords, academic honor stoles; Paine College stole
- Organizational or Paine College stoles and other paraphernalia will not be allowed and will be confiscated.Graduates not in proper attire WILL NOT be allowed to participate.
- When you receive your degree, remember to place your left hand over your right hand. Receive the degree with your left hand and shake with your right hand.
- Be on time for all events.
General Attire for Baccalaureate and Commencement
- Females should wear black or dark blue clothing under the gown with dark (Black or Navy) shoes.
- Males should wear a white shirt with dark tie and black or dark blue pants/trousers with dark (Black or Navy) shoes.
- NO sorority/fraternity stoles worn
- Shoes should be closed toe and comfortable as you will have to climb both stairs and risers.
- Flesh-colored hose.
- Keep jewelry to a minimum.
- No large earrings; “tasteful” studs may be worn.
Miscellaneous Information for Baccalaureate and Commencement
- Be on time for all events.
- Males should remove caps for the Invocation, Scripture, Paine Hymn, and Benediction (during Baccalaureate and Commencement). If in doubt, watch members of the platform party. (Caps should be put on prior to standing for the “Presentation of Candidates for Degrees.”)
- No chewing gum.
- No cell phone, pager, or other similar electronic device.
- No purse.
Diploma Pick-up Dates
Diplomas must be collected on Sunday, May 8, 2016 immediately after the commencement ceremony. report to Gandy-Richardson Lecture Hall located on the 2nd floor of Haygood-Holsey Hall between the hours of 12:30 p.m - 2:00 p.m. After this time, graduates must collect diplomas from the Office of the Registrar during normal business hours.