When is new student orientation? Orientation is August 15-18, 2013
What happens during orientation? During New Student Orientation, students will learn about Paine College, while registering for classes, staying overnight in a residence hall, meeting with their college representatives, receiving information about campus resources, and meeting other students.
What time can students begin the check-in process? Orientation Check-in is from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm at HEAL Complex.
Once you arrive on campus using the directions provided, Orientation signs will direct you.
Is it mandatory that I attend orientation? Orientation is a required program for all new students entering the college. Orientation is a chance for new students to become acquainted with the college, student services,
and policies. It is also a great opportunity to meet other students and have questions answered by the orientation leaders, faculty, staff, and members of the college's
Can I come early? No, students cannot arrive until 9:00am on Thursday, August 15, 2013.
Where do students reside?
Students will be housed in one of the
8 residence halls on the Paine College campus.
What should I bring?
- All paperwork associated with your admission’s file
- Residence hall confirmation documents
- All paperwork associated with any financial aid
- Funds to pay the balance of your account (cashier’s check or money order)
- Current immunization records
- At least four (4) outfits that are business casual for Wednesday Chapel services and Sunday Worship services throughout the semester
- (Women only) One all white outfit with comfortable shoes for the Induction Ceremony. White slacks or skirt and blouse are also appropriate.
- (Men only) Dark (black or blue) trousers, white shirt, dark solid tie and comfortable shoes for the Induction Ceremony. A dark suit is also appropriate.
- Any medications you will need
How do I get there?
Click here for directions to Paine
College from anywhere in the country.
When will I register for classes?
Class registration is a major part of the orientation program. All students should
pre-register for classes before attending orientation. Schedule adjustments will take place during the second day of the program in collaboration with your academic department chairperson or advisor.
Where is registration located? Registration is located in the HEAL Complex.
How long will it take for me to get registered? The process will be fairly short if you’ve turned in all necessary documentation to the college before arrival. See checklist.
If you have not taken care of important procedures dealing with admissions, testing,
financial aid, housing, and registration, you may encounter a longer wait.
Where do I get my Student ID? You will receive your student ID after you complete registration in the HEAL Complex.
How close are local hospitals?
Medical College of Georgia is located across the street from Paine College and others are within 10 to 15 miles of the institution.
Will meals be provided during orientation week?Yes. Please refer to your orientation guide for the exact times for scheduled meals.
Where do I get a parking permit from and how much would it cost? Transfer students may obtain a parking permit after registration is complete. Typically, cars are not allowed for incoming freshmen.