Greetings Painenites, Family & Friends of the College
It is indeed an honor to greet you as the President of the 2014-2015 Student Government Association. I’ve learned that pure leadership is important and that things in life will not always be easy. Sometimes what is needed to help us move to the next level is an “EXTREME CHALLENGE.”
My Platform is entitled the EXTREME CHALLENGE because each member of the Student Government Association in all divisions (Executive, Legislative & Judicial) is challenged to:
E- Educate others and keep the student body informed and aware
X- Find External & Internal funds for Student Government and Student Activities
T- To have teamwork within the Pride of Lions (Faculty, Staff, Students, Alumni & Administration)
R- To rebuild the morale of the student body through student engagement
E- Empower others to be the difference
M- Mold Future Leaders
E- Encourage others to be the BEST they can be!
These challenges are self-explanatory to the goals that I would like to exceed along with the Executive Division, Class Presidents, NPHC Presidents and organization Presidents. Each goal is strategically planned to do the following:
- Engage students in academic conversations, conversations about issues in society and conversations of topics that are relevant to today’s generation as well as generations to come.
- Find external funding for the college and find internal funding to increase the Student Government Association budget to help each organization to be at its full potential.
- Encourage all members of the Paine College Community to follow our core values and the Paine College Ideal.
- Work together to make sure Paine College remains the illustrious institution it is known to be.
- To bridge the gap between generations so that history and heritage is not lost. Appreciating those who came before us, honoring those who are still with us and molding those who are to come after us.
- Enjoy the College experience!
There are six active standing committees put into place to ensure that each student’s voice is heard. If you have issues regarding any of the following areas, please contact the correct representative so that your issue may be resolved. Those areas include:
- Academic Affairs Committee- Chaired by the Executive Secretary
- Discipline & Student Affairs Committee- Chaired by the First Vice-President & Treasurer
- Homecoming Committee- Chaired by the Second Vice-President
- Student Election Committee- Chaired by the Chief of Staff
- Religious Life Committee- Chaired by the Second Vice-President & Mr. Paine College
- Food Committee- Chaired by Mr. & Miss Paine College, Co-Chaired by SGA President
Town Hall Meetings
Town Hall Meetings are in place once a month to give administration a chance to listen to student concerns. This is key in bridging the gap between administration & students. The Town Hall Meetings are scheduled in the Gilbert-Lambuth Memorial Chapel and dates are as followed:
- August 20th, 2014 at 7:00pm (Opening State of the Lion Address)
- September 17th, 2014 at 7:00pm
- October 8th, 2014 at 7:00pm
- November 19th, 2014 at 7:00pm
- December 3rd, 2014 at 7:00pm (TENTATIVE)
- January 21st, 2015 at 7:00pm
- February 18th, 2015 at 7:00pm
- March 18th, 2015 at 7:00pm
- April 15th, 2015 at 7:00pm
- May 6th, 2015 at 7:00pm (Closing State of the Lion Address)
The JohnsonStephens Administration is tirelessly working to ensure that Paine College is providing a premier education and an enjoyable college experience. If you would like to contact any member of the Executive Division of the Student Government Association, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (706) 821-8213. If you would like to book any of the SGA members to appear at an event, please fill out our request form under the forms and document link to the left. The Student Government Association is looking forward to a successful year!
Micheal Deondre Johnson Jr.
2014-2015 Student Government Association President