Student Log-In Instructions
All students are eligible to use the Paine College online job board
after completing the registration process through a site that has been specially
designed for our college. Follow these simple steps:
- Click the Student icon; then the link for Log in at Student
Central. You have been pre-registered.
- Enter 5-digit Student ID number as your User ID
- Enter paine as the Password
If you receive the message: “You have either logged in to the wrong School,
entered an incorrect ID and Password combination, or you are a first time visitor”,
go to the log in screen and reset your password at “Forgot Your Password?” You will
need to use your school email address for verification; do not use phone #.
If you have any difficulty, please contact our office at (706) 821-8307 or email@example.com.
- Enter all demographic information. Be as thorough and complete as possible as employers
will search candidates using this criteria as well as the Job Agent will notify
you of jobs posted to your school that match your profile.
CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
- For security reasons, if you were pre-registered in the system, you should change
- From your homepage, click Upload a Resume or Build a Resume.
Either upload a resume you have typed or use the system’s Resume Builder. Employers
cannot find you without a resume in the system and you don’t want to miss out on
- Click Search for Jobs Posted to My School, enter criteria specific
to the type of job you are looking for on the search form, click Begin Search.
You may also Search for Jobs in CCN’s Jobs Central national job
database or in Intern Central, the national internships board.
Because the national boards are so vast, use a keyword and specific city or zip
to narrow the results.
- To monitor your resume activity, select View My Job Search History
on your homepage.
- Review the Career Document and Media Libraries to get additional
job search tips and career info via printed documents, podcasts, and videos.
CREATE A PORTFOLIO
- Create a career portfolio to show prospective employers samples of your work and
accomplishments that support your resume. Make the portfolio visible to employers
when you have it completed.
You can visit the job board at anytime, 24/7. Just click through to Student
Central and enter your Access ID and Password
and you’re there! If you forget your ID or Password, go to the login screen to access
Log in frequently to check out new jobs, and keep your information and resume updated.
Profiles not updated every 18 months and resumes not updated in 18 months will be
purged from the system. When you graduate switch your status to Alumni to keep your
account; just log in once a year to stay active.