Expected Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Date Posted: 4/1/2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Position Title: Admissions Counselor/Recruiter
Reports To: Dr. Curtis Martin, Provost & Vice President of Academic Affairs
Terms of Employment: 12 months
Salary Range: $30,000-$34,000
FLSA Classification: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
- Recruit prospective students at college fairs, churches, high schools, and events identified by institution personnel
- Track and follow the application process from input to enrollment. (application input, calls, mailings, evaluations, tours, etc)
- Implement and oversee management of Student Ambassadors
- Review admissions applications, evaluate credentials and make admissions decisions
- Generate admissions correspondence (letters, emails) and send them to prospective students.
- Ensure timely response to all applicants (within 48 hours of receiving any information)
- Ensure the completion of documents of students within recruitment territory.
- Create individual recruitment plan that specific enrollment goals
- Schedule and conduct campus tours for prospective students and parents
- Secure requisitions for recruitment events. (flights, hotels, per diem)
- Learn to proficiently navigate on student information system (Jenzabar) to include generating reports and utilize to track students and report recruitment progress.
- Work closely with institution personnel (ie. Financial aid, Registrar, Athletics, Advisors) to ensure coordination of the enrollment services function
- Utilize historical data on student recruitment to set recruitment goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Promote all facets of the institution on campus, at events and in the community at large
- Perform daily procedures as assigned
- Bachelors degree required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer & typing skills (Microsoft office, outlook, excel, etc)
- Experience using a database management system such as Jenzabar
- Ability to drive a car and travel independently
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks, goals, and deadlines at one time
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately, with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to perform the functions of transporting, lifting, and assembling large displays. 35lbs +
- Ability to work beyond traditional operational hours. (weekends and nights)
- Ability to represent the office and the college in a professional manner
Periodic performance measures will be used to ascertain wither goals are being achieved and performance is in line with meeting the overall enrollment services function
Annual performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the college's evaluation instrument for faculty/staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The sum of all requirements should equal 100%).
Complete an Application for Employment online. Faculty positions may still require applicants to mail transcripts and other documents. See application for details.
For questions regarding this posting contact:
Office of Human Resources
Paine College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Educational Opportunity Institution.