Expected Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Date Posted: 7/8/2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Position Title: Assistant Registrar
Reports To: Registrar
Terms of Employment: 12-month staff appointment
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and expertise
FLSA Classification: Staff, Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: Paine College is a private institution steeped in the tenets of Methodism that provides a liberal arts education of the highest quality. The College emphasizes academic excellence, ethical and spiritual values, social responsibility, and personal development to prepare spiritually centered men and women for positions of leadership and service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate all Transfer Credit for incoming students
- Post transfer and transient credits for students
- Input student enrollment information when required for Main Campus, Sub-Terms and On-line programs
- Verify instructor No Show rosters
- Drop students indicated as No Shows by instructors
- Update student records (i.e., Add/Drop; Change of Major; Withdrawal from Course; Course Substitutions; etc.)
- Log in and process Transcript Requests
- Prepare and send emails/memorandums to faculty regarding No-Show Class rosters, Mid-term, and Final grade instructions and submissions
- Ensure that all Grade rosters are bound and labeled
- Verify student eligibility for various government agencies, organizations and scholarships
- Assist in the preparation of student academic files for major school audits
- Retrieve student data from AS400 software to be entered into Jenzabar
- Assist in the preparation and process of Pre-registration, Registration, and Graduation
- Enter and maintain Course Schedule information in Jenzabar for the Main Campus 16 week term, Sub-terms and On-line (8 week sessions) each semester and the summer session(s).
- Update semester course schedules
- Maintain correspondence files
- Assist students and faculty with routine information (i.e., add/drop, withdrawal forms, transcript request, etc.)
- Create and update essential Registrar's Office form templates
- Assist at the front counter
- Attend necessary workshops, seminars, and meetings
- Assist in the preparation and scanning of student records
QUALIFICATIONS: Earned Bachelor's degree; at least one year of experience in a professional setting, preferably higher education institution; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Jenzabar, and other software applications; ability to manage multiple electronic platforms and learn new systems; familiarity with FERPA requirements; experience working in an educational environment.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Professional Development Plan (PDP) and/or the College's evaluation instrument for staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The sum of all requirements should equal 100%).
OTHER: Experience working with a diverse population with varying language skills and experiences. Familiarity with maintaining compliance with VA policies and regulations. Familiarity with records retention and archiving processes. Maintain knowledge of common curriculum and accurately post transfer credits to student records. The ability to maintain confidentiality (FERPA, etc.), process transcript requests, and the ability to provide front office administrative support including in person, electronic, and telephone inquiries.
Complete an Application for Employment online. Faculty positions may still require applicants to mail transcripts and other documents. See application for details.
For questions regarding this posting contact:
Office of Human Resources
Paine College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Educational Opportunity Institution.