Apply for this position online
Director of Recruitment
Application Deadline:Open Until Filled
Position Title: Director of Recruitment
Terms of Employment: Salary Range: 12 months
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Paine College is a private institution steeped in the tenets of Methodism that provides a liberal arts education of the highest quality. The College emphasizes academic excellence, ethical and spiritual values, social responsibility, and personal development to prepare spiritually-centered men and women for positions of leadership and service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track and follow the application process from input to enrollment (inquiries, applicant, pending, reviewed, reject, pending accepts, full accepts, declined, commits, deposits, and enrolled)
- Ensure timely response to all applicants (within 48 hours of receiving information and request from interested applicants or inquiries.)
- Create individual recruitment plan that specifies enrollment goals (written)
- Schedule and conduct campus tours for prospective students and parents
- Learn to proficiently navigate on student information system (Jenzabar) to include generating reports and utilize to track students and report recruitment progress.
- Work closely with institution personnel (i.e. Financial Aid, Registrar, Athletics, Web Manager Advisors) to ensure coordination of the enrollment services function.
- Utilize historical data on student recruitment to set recruitment goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Promote all facets of the institution on campus, at events and in the community at large
- Perform daily procedures as assigned.
- Keep the administration abreast for status of recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Work with/train recruiters
- Develop a strategy for vitalizing social media for recruiting
- Host Institutional Recruitment Fairs Virtual and in person
- Remain current in recruiting strategies/procedures
Faculty and staff members must sign a Certification Statement indicating that they have read, understand, and will respect the Biblical Foundation Statement and the Christian Philosophy of
Education Statement of Paine College. https://paine.edu/web/about/about/foundational-statements.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES IN RECRUITMENT:
- Recruit prospective students at college fairs, churches, high schools, and events identified by institution personnel
- Implement and oversee management of Student Ambassadors
- Generate admissions correspondence (letters, emails, faxes, web messages , etc.) and send them to prospective students.
- Assist in the review of admissions applications, evaluate credentials and make admissions decision
- Ensure the completion of documents of students within recruitment territory.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience using a database management system such as Jenzabar
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks, goals, and deadlines at one time
- Ability to learn and perf01m all essential job functions accurately, with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to perform the functions of transporting , lifting, and assembling large displays
Periodic performance measures will be used to ascertain whether goals are being achieved and performance is in line with meeting the overall enrollment services function
Annual performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the college 's evaluation instrument for faculty/staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The sum of all requirements should equal 100%).