Expected Start Date:As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Date Posted: 7/20/2017
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
- Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, optimization and documentation of all network hardware, software, and communication links
- Plan network technology roadmaps, and configure /optimize network services both internally and those integrated with Internet-based services.
- Manage and ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient use of network servers. This includes application, database, web, email, back-up, SAN, VoIP, and other servers.
- Resolve network/server service problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide reports, documentation, to Director and training where required.
- Administer systems and servers related to the network for the purpose of ensuring availability of services to authorized users.
- Conduct research on network/server products, services, standards, and best practices for the purpose of remaining current.
- Coordinate new construction, remodels, and existing facilities network/server (e.g. servers, switches, VoIP, appliances, and UPSs) for the purpose of completing designs, planning, purchasing, installation, configuration, maintenance and testing of network.
- Develop and maintain data exchanges (e.g. meta data) for the purpose of ensuring network/server services.
- Develop and maintain network/server "test environment" for the purpose of having environment for testing purposes.
- Develop and maintain scripts and utilities for the purpose of automating repetitive routines and administer network/server control systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain network/server administrative authorization for the purpose of having policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the processes and documentation for network/server managements (e.g. asset, capacity, change, configuration, continuity, life cycle, problem, release, vendor, and definitive media library) for the purpose of effective processes.
- Manage network/server services and documentation (e.g. active directory, back-ups, configuration, customer SLAs ,disaster recovery, DNS, email, inventory, IP addressing, logical architecture, network traffic monitoring/shaping, non-technical (end user) training, performance.
- Perform e-discovery services (e.g. forensic investigations) for the purpose of investigating issues.
- Provide excellent customer service onsite and remotely for the purpose of restoring service promptly and to resolve problem.
- Assist with network-wide IP addressing strategic planning.
- Manage and monitor anti spam, virus protection and network age usage, security and access.
- Undertake routine preventative measures, analyze (troubleshoot) and resolve faults, ranging from a major system crash to severe virus attacks and the use of network resources by external hackers.
- Assist with the inventory management and purchase of software licenses, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Review schematic design of network infrastructure upgrade project and make appropriate recommendations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Engineering/Administration or related field from an accredited college or university and 5 – 7 years relevant work experience or equivalent experience with networking and or system administration.
- Additional requirements include: strong understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems including: Windows XP, Windows 7, as well as Windows server 2003\2008; intermediate experience with switches, routers, and servers preferred; Microsoft Certification, A+, Network + helpful but not required.
- Experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, VPN, etc. is required.
- Experience with complex routed IP networks, layer two/three switches, advanced routers, firewalls, LAN/WAN networking hardware and protocols.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Engineering/Administration or related field from an accredited college or university and 7–10 years relevant work experience or equivalent experience with networking and or system administration.
- Current hands-on experience in the configuration management and operation of Cisco switches and routers.
- 3-5 years experience with ERP systems, preferable the Jenzabar System.
- Experience working in the higher education environment.
Competitive, based on qualifications and work experience.
Faculty positions may still require applicants to mail transcripts and other documents. See application for details.
For questions regarding this posting contact:
Office of Human Resources
Paine College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Educational Opportunity Institution.