Position Title: PC Technician
Department: Information Technology Services
Reports To: Director of Information Technology Services
Job Number: Salary Grade: Status: Category:
Provide workstation and on-call IT support services for the College community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: -
• Answer help desk calls.
• Provide hands-on and remote-controlled workstation support services.
• Manager hardware and software procurement, deployment and disposal.
• Resolve calls in the call tracking system; assume primary responsibility for client workstation support.
• Manage print server queues and network printers.
• Provide on-call support as needed.
• Record all support activities for tracking and monitoring purposes.
• Participate in ITS planning functions.
• Work with Support Center analysts and senior technicians to understand workstation support needs. _
• Responsible for all work in progress assigned to ensure completion of tasks and proper communications with clients.
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Skills and experiences with the use of technology in a business environment, including exposure to Help Desk, data communications and application environments (mainframe, workgroup, and desktop).
• Exceptional interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong customer service/customer relations skills.
• Familiarity with DOS/Windows and Lotus SmartSuite application software.
• Ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language.
• Ability to ascertain the criticality of incoming requests and prioritize.
• Understanding of word processing, spreadsheets, and terminal products to properly diagnose problems.
• Knowledge of computer terms and acronyms and the ability to learn new processes and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
o Associates degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum (Three) years of experience in computer support.
e A+ Certification
• Desktop support experience
• · PC reimaging experience