Apply for this position online
Vice President of Administrative and Fiscal Affairs/CFO
Application Deadline:Open Until Filled
Position Title: Vice President of Administrative and Fiscal Affairs/CFO
Reports to: The President
Terms of Employment: Twelve Months
FLSA Classification: EXEMPT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
The Vice President of Administrative and Fiscal Affairs is responsible for the College's operating budget and is the principal liaison to the accrediting bodies, city and government agencies, and other agencies regarding fiscal, administrative, and operational matters.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Work with administrators to provide strategic leadership for the areas of finance and administrative operations
- Provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the College's financial administration, including financial and related planning, operating and capital budgeting, revenue and expenditure analysis, financial and management reporting, payroll and procurement, tax and compliance responsibilities
- Provide leadership for the development of a long-term business plan
- Prepare long-term financial forecasts and studies on various financially related matters
- Organize, interpret, and present relevant financial data, including identification of significant success/problem indicators to the President
- Coordinate relationship with lending institutions and the financial community
- Oversees the College's internal audit function
- Oversees maintenance of the general ledger
- Oversees the approval of all requisitions
- Oversees the reconciliation of bank statements
- Oversees the daily cash flow requirement to ensure that guidelines are met
- Oversees the approval of payment for student refunds
- Oversees the approval of general ledger journal entries
- Supervise the operations for facilities and ground maintenance of the campus, plan deferred maintenance, and capital projects
- Oversee the contractual services of vendors
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Council
- Serve as a member of the Committee on Strategic Planning and Evaluation
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the President
- An advanced degree in finance, business, higher education administration, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience and accomplishments in fiscal affairs, administration, and facilities management, preferably in higher education setting. Employment in other professional or corporate endeavors will be considered.
- CPA Certification preferred.
Additional Qualifications include:
- A visionary leader in higher education finance.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial change agent.
- A successful record serving as a key contributor to an executive leadership team.
- Strong team building and management skills.
- Excellent communication and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed financial and analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using financial systems and related technology.
- Customer service orientation.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Effective, flexible, but well-disciplined approach to leading and managing the ongoing organizational change typical of a dynamic institution.
- Collaborative management style with the ability to build rust and earn respect.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Professional Development Plan (PDP) and /or the College's evaluation instrument for faculty/staff.
Physical Requirements (The sum of all requirements should equal 100%).
EFFECTIVE DATE OF APPOINTMENT
Twelve-month appointment to begin as soon as a suitable candidate is found.