Staff Accounant 1
Staff Accountant 1
Expected Start Date:As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Date Posted: 8/31/2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for preparing various bank reconciliations, posting other activities to the general ledger and account analysis The Staff Accountant is also responsible for completing other tasks assigned to support the day to day operations of the Controller's Office.
Essential Job Functions
- Assit in the preparation of regualr and special financial and statistical statement and reports, including those required during the annual audit.
- Prepare assigned monthly bank reconcilations and account analysis (including, but not limited to federal funds, investments, tax withholding accounts and recievables) and conduct related follow up and resolution of reconciling items with various departments within a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly journal entries by the 3rd of the month for review by Controller.
- Assist in editing account payable transactions.
- Assist in month end close process and financial reporting
- Prepare the monthly financial aid reconciliation to general ledger for federal and state financial assistance programs
- Assist to maintain Tittle III Programs.
- Enforce internal controls and prcedures to promote more effective and efficient operations within the Controller's Office
- Other duties as assigned by the assigned Controller.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be detail oriented and posses analytical ability.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and projects, mobilize efforts towards completion, and deliver with a high degree of quality on a consistant basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and evalutate procedures and make recommendations that are appropriate to inprove productivity.
- Must be able to communicate with faculty, staff and college community in a professional, positive and helpful manner.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management or related field, minimum 3-5 years of experience, in a Controller's/Business Office, preferable in a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management or related field, minimum 4 years of experience, in a Controller's/Business Office, in a college or university enviornment
Competitive, based on qualifications and work experience.
Faculty positions may still require applicants to mail transcripts and other documents. See application for details.
For questions regarding this posting contact:
Office of Human Resources
Paine College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Educational Opportunity Institution.