Scholarships, Honors & Awards
Directions for Completing the Application
The Application packet for Scholarships, Honors, and Awards is now available. The deadline for submitting the application electronically will be midnight, March 3, 2017. No printed appli-cations will be accepted. You will not be able to access the applications or submit any documents after that deadline. Please take a few minutes to read the information below to find out what this year's application offers. You may complete the application by clicking the link titled "Applica-tion packet for Scholarships, Honors, and Awards" at the bottom of the page.
- The list of awards is revised every year, according to the funds that are made available. Therefore, you may see some new awards and some awards will not be available this year.
- Please read the criteria for each award before applying. Make sure you meet the requirements.
- The computer will filter out the awards for which you are not qualified. This means, that if you are not a male, you will not have a chance to apply for awards that are specifically designated for male students.
- You will be asked to write one paragraph answers for a series of questions that are specifically aligned with the criteria for many of the awards. You are not required to respond to these questions, but your choices of awards will be limited if you do not provide the requested information.
- You will be required to write a one page essay that will ask you about your plans for the future.
- All essays should be written and submitted in the application (not as an attachment). The questions are listed at the end of this document for your review.
- If you cannot complete the application in one sitting, you should be able to save it and re-open it to continue at a later time.
- Please print out the reference form, fill out your information on the top of the form, and deliver the hard copies to the people who will be serving as your references. Give each reference person an addressed envelope so that he or she can submit the reference form to the Committee on Scholarships, Honors, and Awards. Note that if the Committee does not receive both of your reference forms, your application will be considered incomplete. References should be submitted to the office of academic affairs.
Questions that will appear on the scholarship application.
- Are you active in campus activities and/or do you provide service to the campus? List the activities and explain your level of participation.
- Are you active in community activities and/or do you provide service to the community? List these activities.
- Are you active in civic and political affairs? List your activities.
- Do you have financial need? If so, explain.
- Explain leadership skills you have demonstrated in the community, on campus, or in the political arena.
- Explain how you have demonstrated Christian character/leadership in any of the activities you have listed above.
- Are you active in your church? List your activities.
- How do you show that you have high moral character?
- Do you have outstanding ability in music and/or in the performing arts? Please list and explain the activities you have been involved in.
- Do you plan to study abroad within the next 2 years? If so, please explain your plans.
- Have you ever Participated in upward bound ?
All students will be required to answer the following question:
- What are your aspirations for the future? (What do you plan to do with your life in 5 years? In 10 years?)