TRIO Upward Bound
UPWARD BOUND PROGRAM
(A TRIO Program funded by the U.S. Department of Education)
WHAT IS THE UPWARD BOUND PROGRAM ?
Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, the Paine College TRIO Upward Bound Program (UB) is a comprehensive program developed to enhance academic skills, leadership, and preparation of High School students who have the potential or a strong interest in attending College. While providing students with academic support, career exploration, and skill development, UB provides extensive assistance to students in their College preparation, identification, and application process. UB offers a 6-week Summer Residential Program at Paine College, and Tutoring and Saturday Sessions during the Academic Year. Participants who successfully meet ALL Program requirements also participate in the UB Bridge Program, which is designed to assist with the transition from High School to College. Students accepted into UB remain in the Program until their High School graduation.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY ?
- MOTIVATED 9th and 10th grade students attending one of the following target High Schools : ARC, Butler, Cross Creek, Glenn Hills, Hephzibah, Lucy C. Laney, T.W. Josey, or Westside
- Students willing to attend Tutoring and Saturday Sessions twice per month
- Students who are willing to participate in Program Activities
- Students who would like to get a glimpse of the College Experience
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM OFFER?
- Summer Residential College Experience.
- After-School Academic and Pre-Professional Enrichment.
- SAT Preparation.
- Scholarship and Internship Information and Application Assistance.
- Job-Shadowing Opportunities.
- Academic Support for their current High School courses.
- College Tours.
- Supplemental Courses in English, Math, Science, and Spanish.
- Career Development and Preparation.
- Assistance with selecting and applying to College.
- College Preparation and Application Assistance.
- Cultural Experiences.
- College Application Fee Waivers.
- SAT/ACT Fee Waivers.
- Life Skills.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM COST?
Programming and Trips are provided to students and parents at NO COST. At times students may asked to bring money to purchase lunch on trips. HOW TO APPLY?
Applications are given out at the General Information Session ONLY during Fall and Spring Recruitment Periods.