International Students must submit the following:
- A Completed Paine College application
- Application fee of $40 in the form of an international money order in U.S. dollars; or a cashier's check from a bank in the United States
- A completed reference form from an individual who can verify the applicant's academic ability
- A brief autobiographical essay (500-words typed)
- GCE (General Certificate of Education) scores or coursework evaluated and approved by a translation agency (See below for evaluation and translation companies).
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score - (500 minimum required) or ESL score. (Student for whom English is not the native language are required to exhibit proficiency in the English language). The TOEFL score will be waived if the student provides a sufficient SAT score.
- Course work indicating at least five passes at the "Ordinary" level; one of the passes must be in English; students from non-English speaking countries must provide a certified translation of their high school certificate and transcript. The cost of translation is the applicant's responsibility (See below for evaluation and translation companies).
- SAT scores and ACT scores - The SAT will be waived for some international students if there is evidence the test is not offered in the student's country. However, these students will be required to take the test during the first semester they are enrolled at Paine College.
- A statement of financial responsibility identifying the persons financially responsible for the applicant's needs during his or her stay in the United States. Include verification of salary from the employer or funds availability statement from the appropriate financial institution.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSCRIPT EVALUATIONS AND TRANSLATIONS
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
7101 SW 102nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33173-1364
- Federal financial aid is not available for international students so they should be prepared to finance their education at Paine College
- The I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility) will not be issued until the applicant has (1) been accepted by the Office of Admissions, and (2) a statement of financial responsibility has been submitted.